Monday, February 22, 2010

Jaws webcast update



The EpicSessions.tv crew will be on the bluff at Peahi early on Tuesday morning. The swell should be fading throughout the day with the best sets before noon HST. We should begin broadcasting around 8am HST, though you should check back often in case we start early with good lighting and surf conditions.

There is another swell event for later in the week, peaking on Friday that has the potential to be larger than Tuesday's event. Stay tuned as the forecast firms up later in the week for this one.

On Thursday, we'll be webcasting live from Hookipa and Lanes for some epic windsurfing action and possibly from kite beach earlier in the day. Let us know in the comments box below and be sure to join our page on Facebook!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Alert Status!!



Theres a massive swell inbound for the Hawaiian Islands for early next week, and if the forecast holds, Jaws could fire on Tuesday. If that happens, we'll be livecasting from the bluff at Peahi in the first ever live webcast of a major swell event at Jaws.

The webcast will be at EpicSessions.tv, and more information will be posted here and there as we get closer to the event.

UPDATE! There's a second, bigger wave event now on the forecast for later next week! And the trades will be back as well so there's some AMAZING potential for truly epic conditions. STAY TUNED!

Some of the cameras and gear needed for the webcast....

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Destination known


Four letters...

Mahi burgers.

Awesome surf.

Unlimited options.

Incredible adventure.

What more can you ask for?

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Destination unknown

I was very surprised this morning to discover that the opening spread for the high wind board tests in the newly redesigned Windsurfing Magazine is a shot of me!

Funny thing - since the day that shot was take in October, I've only sailed once. How pathetic. I should be stoked about the shot, and I am, but the harsh reminder of my lack of TOW (time on water) is kinda depressing.

Time to start searching for tickets - destination? Perhaps something a little more off the beaten path is in order. Hmmmmm....

Any suggestions?

ps - you can get a free trial issue of Windsurfing Magazine here.

pps - just found out my wife knew about this for weeks. Damn you Josh! LOL

Monday, January 18, 2010

No posts

We're iced in here. Looking to escape to Maui in a few weeks.

Need. To. Sail.

Need. To. Surf.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Storm warning

We had a blizzard this week, and while we got 17 inches of snow, the snow was not the problem. 50 knots out of the north east pushed a ton of water into the bay and raised the water up a few feet, bringing the waterline 30+ feet closer to everyone's boat houses, boat lifts, docks and assorted water toys.