Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The need for speed


Fall is my favorite time of year for sailing. The winds of winter begin fighting with summer for control over our climate and through the end of October, the water is usually still warm no matter how vicious the cold fronts get.

While my focus in sailing has always been waves - this fall I'm gonna tackle the Midwest Speed Quest. The event is held in the SW corner of Minnesota on a little lake that gets amazingly huge amount of wind. Past year's speed postings have been very respectable and I'm really looking forward to going for it there. I've got some gear that I've been tuning and taken to 40+ on the GPS and I know it will go faster with flatter water conditions and more wind... provided I can keep the hammer down. ;-)

Pray for wind!

No comments: