Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Should I stay or should I go?

Ug. The Maui forecast looks terrible. Don't get me wrong, the SWELL forecast looks great, but the wind forecast... bleh.

So, I'm debating about holding off leaving for the island until things firm up. Then again, the Gorge forecast looked even worse this summer and I ended up sailing 3.7 three days in a row in truly epic conditions.

I'm not worried about sitting around doing nothing. That's impossible on Maui. There's world class surfing, stand up paddle surfing, longboard windsurfing, snorkeling, SCUBA, deep ocean fishing, hiking, and on and on and on.

Still, I'm there to sail. Specifically sail the collection of 2010 high wind boards 80-90 liters. Catapult is thinking he'll work on his schlogging - I think he weighs like 160lbs wet, and I can't imagine what I'll be doing. Perhaps a U-Boat captain impersonation?

So, should I stay or should I go?


Catapulting Aaron said...

use the force to guide you buddy...

Also, I think I'm closer to 170 now... too much good food in SF.

David said...

See you Friday afternoon. Not sure how long I'll stay on the island, but I'm headed out nontheless. (the swell is too good to pass up!)

A Maui Blog said...

I say "GO" :)