Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Its been too long.


Dude, its been too long. Waaay too long. I can only go for so long without before I start getting all pent up, antsy and quite intolerable by those around me. Its been almost a month with no action. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Nyet. Sure there was that quickie on the west side, but that didn't cut it. Didn't even come close to satisfying the need.

Its not that I want it. I NEED IT.

If it was a drug, then call me an addict.

Desire doesn't describe it either. There's nothing sensual about the raw power I'm ready to unleash.

Honestly, I think I can go without sex longer than I can go without wavesailing. Shocking, I know, but really its true. Oh, wait... are we talking about the same thing here? I'm talking sailing ... you were thinking... WHAT?

Get your mind out of the gutter! ;-)

Seriously, nothing clears my mind better than sailing in waves. I can't explain it and the more insane the conditions, the more relaxed I am on the water. Weird, but true. Its a mental state that I slide into thats more comfortable than my favorite pair of flip flops. I'd say its a "zen" thing, but I have no idea what "zen" is like, but it sounds about right.

On the plus side, there's some wind in the forecast here for Thursday with south winds 25-30 knots, but rain and temps in the mid 40's. That said, I've sailed in colder weather, and in my state of mind, I think I'll end up in Sheboygan chasing swell while clad in my "super suit" with my hands in mitts and head in rubber so thick the only sound I can hear is the blood surging through my arteries.

Obstacles really don't deter me at this point. Like an addict looking to score anything he can get his hands on, I'm jonesin' for a sesh. Even a crappy one. I'll make the best of it. Trust me.

1 comment:

George Markopoulos said...

I aware EXACTLY of what you're going thru.

have faith in the law of averages, and jump on that wind in your forecast. make the most of it.